The Library is now fully computerized with an integrated system connected to the Campus Network providing Internet and e-mail facility to the members. The reference collection of the Library is continuously updated, and augmented with the acquisition of CD-ROM databases and access to on-line databases on Internet. On-line Public Access Catalogue facility is available at the Reference Desk. OPAC can also be accessed through any terminal on the Campus Network. The Library uses Libsoft software package which is an integrated multi-user library management system that supports all in-house operations of the Library. The Libsoft consists of modules on acquisition, cataloguing, circulation, serials, and OPAC. The database of books available in the Library is being updated on day to day basis with details of recently acquired books. Records of all the Library patrons have also been created in the Libsoft package.
Library at a Glance:
- Established: 2001 (Railmajra)
- Current Periodicals: 50
- Staff: 05
- Membership: Over 2,000
- Working Hours: 8.30 am - 7.30 pm (All week days).
- Automation : All Library Operations Computerized
- Library Management Software: LIBSOFT
- Telephone: 01881-270500,Extn.-307
- Total number of books - 21,000 books
- Journals - 50 Journals both National and International
- More than 661 online journals are available
- Magazine subscription - 13 Magazines
- Newspaper subscription � 10 Newspapers
- Total Area 554.6 square miters
- Sitting capacity - 250
- Subjects that the books cover related to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, & Applied Sciences etc.
- Non book materials (CD's, DVD etc)
- Computer Based Tutorials (CBT's) Question Paper Bank
The Library has been divided into different sections for its smooth functioning:
- Circulation Section: Issue and return of books is handled with the help of computers. The timings of issue and return of books are 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on weekdays.
- Reference and Readers' Advisory Service: One is welcome to avail this service at the Reference Desk.
- Acquisition Section: This Section acquires books and other reading material selected by the Library staff as well as recommended by the H.O.Ds.of various Departments.
- Periodicals Section: The Library subscribes to about 50 journals, 13 magazines and 9 newspapers.
- Technical Section: Before the reading material is made available for use on the stacks, it is technically processed in this Section
- The section houses the main server, the CD server, and printers. It manages the working of the entire Computer System of the Library
- DELNET Databases
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Free Full-Text Journals in Chemistry
- Free Medical Journals
- Proquest Dissertations and Theses Databases