The RIEIT Library System comprises of a Central Library that collectively support the teaching, research and extension programmes of the Institute. The Central Library houses a total collection of over 29589 documents comprising of books, theses, journals, video cassettes and compact discs in the fields of science, engineering, humanities, and literature. All in-house operations in the library are fully computerized using the LibSoft software package that also provides web-based access to the online catalogue of Library.
The Library user shall not engage in audible conversation in any part of the Library.
- The Department of Electrical Engineering organised the following educational trips for B Tech students during the last session:
- A person responsible for any damage caused by him / her to the books or any other property belonging to the Library, shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon him/her by the Librarian;
- The Security Guard at the Library gate will check all personal belongings including Library books issued to a member;
- Personal book(s) shall not be allowed inside the Library. Please leave them at the Property Counter;
- Use of mobile phone in the Library is prohibited;
- The reader should check the books before borrowing to ensure that these are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the borrower should get this statement recorded on the book, otherwise he/she shall be held responsible for the damage, discovered at the time of returning the books;
- Smoking, pan chewing and spitting in the library is prohibited.
- Photography is not allowed; and
- Membership privileges of a user can be suspended on account of misbehavior with the Library staff or for indecent manners.