Rules and Regulations
Eligibility & Registration
- All students who expect to graduate from the Institute by the end of the current academic year and are seeking employment may register for campus placements with this office. Placement Registration is for ONE ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY.
- Registration for all programmes will be done during the month of April (Every year).
- Campus placement is the assistance provided for the students. Registration is not compulsory. Students not interested in placement are advised not to register for placement.
- Students having backlog of 3 or more courses are not permitted to register for placement. Such students are advised to clear the backlogs and then register after the July-November end semester examinations.
- Each registered student have to read the placement notices, company announcements and to submit resumes.
- Students are advised to read the announcements made, go through the company website and apply only if interested.
- Students are expected to follow the institute resume template available in the placement website for preparing the resumes.
- The details of the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disallowed from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
- Students have to submit their placement consent form along with resumes in the Training &placement department.DEADLINES WILL NOT BE EXTENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
- Students are advised to avoid last minute submission, as it may lead to delays and some may even be left out.
- Notices of the PPT will be published on the placement notice board well in advance. Students should occupy the venue 15-mintues before the scheduled start of the PPT.
- Students interested in a particular company, must attend its PPT without fail.
- Attendance will be taken and only those students who have attended a particular PPT will be eligible to apply for that company.
- Any clarification regarding salary break-up, job profile, place of work, bond details etc. must be sought from the companies during PPT.
- DRESS CODE: Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any interaction with a company including PPT. This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process / PPT, if they are not formally dressed.
- Every student who is selected by a company is out of placement thereafter i.e. deregistered from the placement website.
- Release Of Offer: All companies are requested to release the Offer and hand over to this office within an hour after the completion of the recruitment process.
- Offer Acceptance: The students should inform the acceptance of offer within 24 hours (on the day following the release of offer).
- The company shall be intimated of the offer acceptance within three days of release of offer.
- Offer Of Job: Announcement on the notice board will be considered as firm offer. Offers received from companies must be collected as per timings in circular / notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions therein such as submission of documents lies entirely with the student. All offers (made by the companies) shall be through this office only. This office will not be in a position to resolve problems, if any, that may arise with respect to offers made directly to the student by the company.
- Joining Status:In case of students, who go for higher studies and hence decide not to join the company, should inform the company in writing at the earliest with the copy to Placement Office.
- Identity Cards: Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process.
- For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the Placement Office will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions. The decision taken by this office shall be binding on all students/scholars.